Bomber Command Memorial Fund

Posted by: ACA Webmaster

Bomber Command Memorial Fund - 11/05/08 07:02 PM

The latest quest for a Bomber Command Campaign Medal has been met with the same response as on previous occasions. Although the government has expressed sympathy, it is not prepared to reverse the decision made after the war and on subsequent occasions. It should also be noted that although the Women’s Land Army, Air Transport Auxiliary and Bevin Boys have recently received recognition, these are simply badges and not medals.

However, in order to commemorate all those in the Command, particularly those who lost their lives, a Bomber Command Memorial Fund has been set up sponsored by the Heritage Fund. It is likely that sufficiently large sums of money will be forthcoming to support this. However, small amounts from individuals would also be welcomed. If people wish to contribute in this way, they should make their cheque out to the Bomber Command Memorial Fund and send it to:

Doug Radcliffe,
Bomber Command Association,
RAF Museum,
Grahame Park Way,
Hendon,
LONDON,
NW9 5LL
Posted by: Hugh Spencer

Re: Bomber Command Memorial Fund - 18/10/08 01:53 PM

I am very pleased to see information about the BC Memorial in the national press today. I was hoping that a wall would be included with all the heroes names but to get a memorial of any kind is good. Let's hope enough publicity will enable the public to send donations.
Posted by: Hugh Spencer

Re: Bomber Command Memorial Fund - 14/05/10 10:22 AM

What good news I heard this morning! Finally, the go ahead has been given for the construction of the Memorial in Green Park, despite objections from some organisations and locals. "Three cheers".