Leslie Homard

Posted by: Ian_Homard

Leslie Homard - 03/03/16 07:29 PM

It is with great sadness I write to inform you that my Father, Leslie (Les) Homard passed away on Monday 22nd February 2016 at the age of 97 years.

Dad served in 12 and 49 Squadrons. Dad was called up from the RAF Volunteer Reserves on 3rd September 1939. On the 4th February 1941 Dad was shot down over Holland and was interred as a POW for the remainder of the war. Having undertaken the “Long March” he was liberated by the Royal Dragoons at Kogel. He was discharged in August 1945. Dad returned to Civilian life and his job with Priest Marians (an importer of fine glass and chinaware), which had been held for him whilst he was in the RAF. He went on to become the Managing Director and travelled regularly to Germany on business. He finally retired from work in 1999 (aged 81) when he moved to North Wales to live with me and my family.

Unfortunately in his later years Dad suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease and spent the last three years of his life happily in a care home.

If anyone knew Les you are welcome to attend his cremation at Blacon Crematorium, Blacon Avenue, Chester CH1 5BB on Wednesday 23rd March 2016 at 12 noon. If anybody wishes to attend I would be grateful if they could let me know at this e-mail or on 07545 926956.

Kind Regards

Ian Homard