Battle of Britain Airfield Tours

Posted by: ACA Sec

Battle of Britain Airfield Tours - 21/03/08 08:33 PM

Dear All,

The trustees of the BofB Memorial Trust have asked me to publicise these tours, and I have posted this thread as I'm sure they may be of interest to you. Please be aware that, whilst I have checked that the BofB Memorial Trust is a bona fide organisation, and I'm sure they're all lovley chaps, this post does not constitute endorsement of the trust or these tours by the council.

Best Regards,

Moose
Hon Sec

BATTLE OF BRITAIN GUIDED TOURS
Specially arranged by the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust
SUNDAY 15 & 22 JUNE 2008
Enjoy a great day out re-living the historic events of the Battle of Britain

In response to growing popular demand, the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust is pleased to announce the debut of its Biggin Hill Guide Tour to complement the original Capel-Le-Ferne Tour. Both tours start at 9:30 am and conclude at 6 pm. Your guide is Geoff Simpson, member of the RAF Historical Society and one of the Battle of Britain Memorial Trustees, who will set the scene for each tour by describing the key events of the Battle and the story of the Memorial. Geoff will provide a running commentary whilst we visit various sites associated with the Battle. You will be conducted around the sites in your own private coach. Lunch and afternoon tea are included in the itinerary.

The all-inclusive price is £35 for Friends of the Few and £40 for Non-members; - but why not join the Friends to enjoy all the benefits of membership and save yourself £5 on the tour?
Don’t be disappointed! Book early to reserve your place.
 ……………………………………………………………………………………………...
To:- John Hollowood, 3 Wigmore Close, Godmanchester, Cambs, PE29 2JX. (Tel 01480-380182)
Please reserve …… place(s) for the Biggin Hill Battle of Britain Guided Tour on Sunday 15 June.
Please reserve …… place(s) for the Capel-Le-Ferne Battle of Britain Guided Tour on Sunday 22 June.
I enclose a cheque for £ .…. made payable to “The Battle of Britain Memorial Trust”
Name:
Address:

Contact Telephone Number and/or Email Address:
Ring John Hollowood if you want more information about the tour or an application form to join the Friends of the Few and claim your discount. Visit http://www.battleofbritainmemorial.org
The Trust reserves the right to cancel this tour and refund any monies subscribed in the event of lack of support