John Constantine Maroulis

Posted by: Richard Lewis

John Constantine Maroulis - 15/07/07 03:54 PM

Hello there, I new to this forum in the hope that someone may be able to help me tracing information about my grandfather. His name was John Constantine Maroulis and he joined the RAF in 1943. He went to Falcon Fields in Arizona to be trained as a pilot in 1944 and when he returned from the states he was secoonded to the Glider pilot Regiment, as many were at that time. I have a copy of his service record but infortunately his flight log book was lost many years ago. He died in 1991 and it is only since the death of my grandmother and the tidying out of her flat by my aunt, last year, that I have discovered more information, as in he was seconded to the Glider Pilot Regiment.
If anyone did know him or has any info that may help then it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Richard Lewis
Posted by: Editor

Re: John Constantine Maroulis - 15/07/07 10:09 PM

Hi Richard,
If you do not get much luck, please send an e-mail to editor@aircrew.org.uk and I will include it in our Winter edition of our magazine 'Intercom' (you have just missed the copy date for the Autumn issue). Include all your contact information and details of what/whom you want
Ray
Posted by: Cyril Henson

Re: John Constantine Maroulis - 17/07/07 11:19 AM

Dear Richard.
The first suggestion would be to contact H.J.Buckle, Esq.,116, Beechbank Unthank Road,Norwich.NR2 2AL. He is the Sec/Chairman of Falcon Field Association. He trained at 'Falcon Field' and was also seconded to the Glider Pilot Regt. He should be able to get some results from his members. I will also contact those ex RAF pilots, on my nominal roll who may have served with John Maroulis in the GP Regt 44/45 Is there any chance you will know the type of Glider your grandfather flew Horsa/Hamilar?
If you know the squadron or RAF station on which he was based whulst in the GPRegt would help. Are you aware if he was on Operation 'Varsity'March 1945?
Would you like to advise me, personally, as to your home area which also could help you.

Trusting that this info will be of some assistance in your quest. Do not hesitate to make further contact if you think I may be of further help but you may rely that any news will be forwarded to you.

In comradeship,
Cy Henson. RAF Glider Pilots Association
Posted by: Wolfboy21

Re: John Constantine Maroulis - 21/10/08 09:54 PM

I am working on a history of Falcon Field (Mesa, AZ) and am trying to get in contact with any of the pilots/staff/trainers and/or their family members. Specifically looking for photographs, leads on other members, Bill McCash and Al Storrs. Any help is greatly appreciated and my contact information and this request may be reposted/forwarded to any and all! Thank you!

Cheers,
Daryl F. Mallett
14244 S. Via Horma
Sahuarita, AZ 85629 USA
480/275-0232 (cell phone--call any time)
Posted by: Wolfboy21

Re: John Constantine Maroulis - 21/10/08 10:01 PM

P.S. Richard, your grandfather graduated from Course 18 at Falcon Field, Mesa, Arizona. The beginning of the class was Oct. 5, 1943 and they graduated on April 13, 1944. LAC Maroulis graduated as a Sergeant. That's all the information I have handy.