Sorry, i know its my first post, but im desperate.

Im not in the RAF, but i need your help.

My Grandad served with you guys from 1939 to 1946 (i think), he was involved in bombing raids in north africa and various other places and flew in bostons and lancasters.

The reason i need your help, is that this fine, dignified gentleman, is now in an old peoples home, 250 miles away in bradford (where we are originally from, im living in lodon due to marriage), he is now dribbling (sorry), unable to talk, unable to hold a cup of tea, wearing a nappy (sorry again im only being honest) and its breaking my heart, he means more to me than my dad, and i visit him once every 2-3 weeks even with a 250 mile drive. I'm 28 years old, and have the utmost respect for all our war heroes. But my grandad fought right through WW2, and then was a pillar of the community as a handyman for everyone who knew him.

He was a wonderful man who tought me everything i know about the war, and started the massive interest i have in the subject, and he wont be with us much longer.

Anyway, im babbling, what i need to find out, is which squadron he flew with, and maybe its badge/logo, i already named my first born son after him, and i cant ask my dad as he is an a**ehole of the highest order.

Please please help me.

His name is Jack Stubbs. He served between 1939-1945/6, mainly in north africa as a turret gunner, in lancaster/boston bombers.

Thankyou and all the best.

Kevin stubbs.