I'm looking for anyone that could help give me any information how i can trace my fathers service number with the raf in ww2.
I've tried the raf disclosure section at raf cranwell but they need his service number,squadron & where he was stationed etc.
My father never spoke to my mother or myself about his service in the raf as a rear gunner "tail end charlie",all i know is that he lost his wedding finger & was probably discharged.
My dad sent for his service medals in the 90's.
Would he have to give his service number & would they be able to give me his service number if i can contact them.
Where can i find out the place they issue ww2 medals to ex service personnal.
many thanks
Paul hendley